The skin, our largest organ, is challenged daily by exposure to the elements and environmental factors, such as sun, pollution, air conditioning and infectious organisms. When added to the natural ageing process it all begins to take a visible toll. The Department of Dermatology therefore takes a holistic approach on skin treatments, taking care of both “medical” and “aesthetic” aspects, which can often not be separated.
Using our clinical experience, and state of the art diagnostic tools, including digital mole mapping, biopsies, computerised skin care analysis and various allergy tests, we will establish a tailored treatment plan and, together with our patients, select the right course of treatment.
Hence, the Department of Dermatology offers a wide range of services including skin cancer checks, skin surgeries for malignant and benign skin lesions, including mole removal, laser treatments (for hair removal, skin rejuvenation, and tattoo removal), treatment of spider veins, Botox and dermal filler treatments. We offer solutions for pigmentation disorders, such as vitiligo and melasma. And we have special expertise in the treatment of acne and acne scars. We also take care of conditions of skin appendices, such as hair and nail. And we complement our treatments with recommendations on high-quality home care products.
The Department of Dermatology provides management and treatment expertise, including but not limited to:
- General and Paediatric Dermatology
- Skin cancer prevention and treatment
- Aesthetic Dermatology
- Diagnosis and treatment of hair loss
- Complex skin problems such as autoimmune or genetic diseases
- Management of allergies, including skin tests and desensitisation (“allergy vaccine”)
- Treatment of severe psoriasis with biologics
Treatments offered at BW-Clinic
- Skin surgeries (e.g. biopsies, excisions, aesthetic procedures)
- Photodynamic therapy
- Cryosurgery for various skin lesions
- Laser hair removal
- Laser treatments for benign skin lesions and other cosmetic indications
- Blue light acne treatment
- Tattoo removal by laser
- Treatment of spider veins
- Peelings for melasma, acne scars and skin rejuvenation
- Filler injection for tissue augmentation
- Botulinumtoxin treatment of wrinkles and excessive sweating